Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Winter Wonderland: Whistler

Whistler does seem to have a longer "winter" than does home. If we got a foot of snow dumped on the ground the day before, we'd be stuck at home for a week. Luckily, that's not the case in Whistler.

I love the sun on snowy days

We arrived in Whistler at around 9AM for a full day of riding in the fresh powder. Super lucky, because a local said that day had the best conditions of the whole season. 7 of us getting stuck in powder because it was literally ankle (and sometimes knee) deep. One of our skiers lost his ski, and it literally took 5 people digging around in powder for about 10 minutes to locate it. He also did a little flip when he lost the ski, honestly didn't know if I should laugh or be scared for him, but he's just full of epic fail when he's on skis (should just stick to snowboard).

the amazing view keeps me busy while queuing.

near the top of the mountain! jaw-dropping-gorgeous.

The sun was hiding behind the clouds, and it even started snowing later in the day, but it was all worth it. I want to go snowboarding so bad.

snowy night-view from our room

Anyway, we stayed the night just so we could do another day of riding, unfortunately, my muscles aren't trained that way... so my twinnie and I went snowtubing for our first time! It was quite exhilarating. I took some videos while going down the run.

can you see the ditches?

Just in case you haven't noticed, I didn't use my Nikon. It would've been difficult to snowboard with it (plus... my skill level...)

three person ski? anyone care to explain?

While walking around town, we also saw a three-person-ski... thing. It was super weird, they couldn't move around and needed someone to push them. Eventually, they seem to have gotten the hang of it (one-two-one-two!).

We ended our trip when the gondolas and chairs closed for the day. Hockey commentators were shouting into their microphones on our ride back. Our trip was definitely complete.

I don't feel like I'm writing a travel blog, it just feels like a blog =.=;;

By fishii with 1 comment

1 comments:

The night shot is fantastic....

Post a Comment