Sunday, May 29, 2011

Let's Talk Food

Food is a large part of life, right? At least it's a large part of mine. I'm a self professed glutton (who can't eat much). So this post will be dedicated to some of the meals that I had in the first stretch of my San Francisco trip.

車仔麵 and I don't know what it's called in English

腸粉 rice flour rolls?

ABC Café in Chinatown. I think that's the name. Nothing spectacular, but a cheap meal that's definitely worth the small price. Came to less than $20 including tax and tips with a drink between the two of us.

Next up, the Pork Shop (in Haight-Ashbury). There seems to be a few around town, but we only tried this one. Cheap, hearty fare. Good breakfast foods, though admittedly more oily than what I generally eat.

Chipotle Sasuage? I can't remember anymore. Tasted like chili

Excuse the bad lighting. This one is the bird's nest

This meal stuffed me to the rim, and promptly messed up my eating schedule for the rest of the day. I wish I could've eaten more at other places... but it was a delicious meal. Also try their freshly squeezed OJ!

I leave you today with the delicious baked goods of Tartine Bakery!


Tartine Bakery would've been one of the star restaurants. But it kind of got demoted a little, just below my 3 star choices (do you see hockey influence here?). This cake, unlike the one in Portal, is not a lie. I am about to "get" the cake that GLaDOS promises in Portal...

I need to blog earlier. I'm not sure if this is called Dolce de Leche anymore... but definitely delicious and moist!


This lemon tart is just the right balance of sour and sweet. The cream isn't as light as the once that I tasted in Belgium, but I think that's partially attributable to cultural differences. The petal does add a tinge of fragrance into the cream. Not heavy, but I guess I do prefer slightly lighter creams.

Finally! Ti Couz Creperie to end the day. Since the first x-number of crepes I've ever had were Japanese crepes, French crepes are really foreign to me! It was good none the less, I don't know if it's something I would want often given the price. Maybe once in a while when a craving hits.

Ratatouille Crepe, whole wheat flour makes it look burnt, but it's not! Slightly crispy.

That marks the end of our day 0 and 1 menu. Took a week to write... I'll finish off all the food posts with one "stars list", just like NHL, where after every game there are 3 stars. BTW, saw lots of Sharks jerseys while in San Francisco. Sorry~ #nowayjose =D

By fishii with 1 comment

1 comments:

車仔麺=cart noodle. The breakfast looks attractive, by the way... Did you find some good drinks there?

Post a Comment