Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Land of Kilts and Bagpipes: Edinburgh

Funny how I'm feeding into the stereotype for no real good reason.

I did an overnight at the airport for the first time in my life for my trip to Edinburgh. At the Dublin airport, masses of people slept in the Starbucks at the mezzanine level for their early morning flights, I was one of them. Successfully got about 2 hours of sleep, maybe?

I wanted to take a photo of the camp, but I left my SD card at home...

Anyway, the next morning I managed to get into Edinburgh and found my way to my friend's flat. Absolutely loved her place, it's super cute and cozy. I think I got attached to her sofa though it probably wasn't the best for my back. No photos of that either... Lack of photos? Strange.

After freshening up, I met up with my trusty travel buddy bernZ. From there, we got some lunch with mommy munchkins and her friend at The Elephant House. The funny thing about this cafe is that people can sign up for Dumbledore's Army in their bathrooms! Well, the lists are there... because J. K. Rowling sat in the cafe to write her books.

I'm kind of just blabbering because I need something to keep me occupied.

From there we headed to the Edinburgh Castle. A few cool exhibits and stuff, nothing that really knocked me off my feet, admittedly.


View from the Castle. Yes, still panoramas.

I'm sorry that this post is not interesting in the slightest. I'm just unfathomably bored. 


We were also just in time for the 1PM canon. Unfortunately I didn't capture the moment, but I did jump when I heard it... 

What did sweep me off my feet was the sight from Hollyrood Park near the parliament building. With the absolutely gorgeous weather I was about to take home with me a few shots that will remain in my heart. I think at that moment I truly fell in love with Edinburgh.

Shoot, did I say I'm trying to cure my panorama addiction?

Outside the parliament building

Now I know that the parliament building has been under constant fire for how much money they spent on it... but I honestly admire it for the work of architecture that it is. Perhaps if I was the one paying for it I would be irritated. Luckily, I'm not, so I get to praise it.

Loving the design of the hall.

Just a random shot from North Bridge

I'll post about my travel buddy's birthday dinner next. Thinking about posting more detailed thoughts on some of the sites I visited when I get back home to continue this blog. Let me know what you think! Hopefully won't sound as bored in my next post, I think lethargy is starting to take its toll...

By fishii with 1 comment

1 comments:

I actually like this post quite a bit, especially the sleeping at airport part. hahaha... and you're right, the parliament does look fantastic.

Post a Comment