Thursday, November 25, 2010

Trip Down Memory Lane: London


It has been 5 full years since I've last stepped foot into London. Not that London has changed that much, I don't think, but the feeling is completely different... or maybe it wasn't, I don't know.

This time, I spent a day with Cambridge with two old friends, walking around town, attending a Cambridge formal, it was all a new experience... strange, and foreign, but very interesting.

Outside the enchanted walls of Kings College.

It was foggy that day, making Cambridge look that much more mystical. It was just an amazing experience, all in all, to catch up with friends I haven't seen for 5 years. Honestly, one weekend wasn't long enough. I wish I had more time to spend with them!

A sweets shop at Cambridge that looks like a potions shop.

Being super sleep deprived (only 4 hours of sleep because of the flight and 6 hours the next night because we missed the last fast train from Cambridge back to London), I was afraid that I'd fall asleep watching Harry Potter in the morning at (apparently) the largest screen in Europe, ODEON. But I enjoyed it immensely.

After that, I had the first restaurant Chinese meal I've had in 3 months? It wasn't even that good, but it was so satisfying. Xiao Long Bao... why do you evade me thus?

I've also developed a strange (and probably unhealthy) obsession with taking panoramic shots...

Horse Guard Parade

Uhm... what's this called? ^^;;

Shaftesbury Square

Talfalgar Square

Just some more random photos, these from St. James Park. I saw pelicans! They're so... tall (yes, I'm short, so what?).

 

Met up with friends during different times of day on my second day. At night, mommy-munchkins, my friend, and I went on the London Eye! I know, you're thinking 18 quid for a ride on that Ferris Wheel? We were lucky and got a whole pod to ourselves! It's like... booking a pod but not paying the price! Ok, I'm just justifying it, but still~ it was all in good fun. Must mention that I had Korean cuisine that night. That was especially delicious, since I haven't had Korean served in a restaurant since I left home.


Atop the London Eye

HA! I'm all caught up now! Except I'll fall behind again soon. This weekend will welcome Budapest.

By fishii with 2 comments

2 comments:

i wish i'm somewhere away from this snow. my arms are sore from shoveling the snow. my mom was so kawaii... she was like.. "the one with the car trackmarks are so much harder to shovel!" ... no really mom? anyways, i did it all myself :)

Atop London Eye to see London.... Suddenly it sounds very poetic....

Post a Comment