Monday, November 22, 2010

Sidestepping in Germany (Again): Köln

Yet another trip into Germany, and yet another rainy day. I don't know why I attract rain so. I went to Köln, Germany (Cologne in English) on November 6 (yes, I'm slightly behind). We had intended to visit the Dom and climb over 400 steps to get to the top of the tower... but there was smoke emerging from the tower and we were (for obvious reasons) not given entry. It smelt foul anyway, and we saw some firefighters pull in.


The Dom, under renovations...

I'm always amazed at the craftsmanship from earlier eras.

I really love prayer candles and the way they flicker...

So we had lunch at a local brewery and headed to the Gestapo prison / museum. Unfortunately, we were still making our way through the audio tour in the museum when the place closed, meaning no prisons for us...


The timeline on the floor corresponded with the displays

Ended off the day with a walk along the river and the Lindt chocolate factory (only to get chocolate though).

Just look at the packaging *whacks the marketing student in me*

Winter festivities?

Finally, I'll end with photos of really cool posters and one fail attempt at a panoramic shot at the Dom.




Next up, my amazing weekend in England. I can't believe I could bear to leave...

By fishii with 2 comments

2 comments:

you're a 雨女! hahahhahahaha. i want chocolate too. dark chocolate mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Rainy girl???? Those chocolate will draw me into the factory in an instant, but I also want to visit the Dom..... Sigh, what a struggle.

Post a Comment