Wednesday, August 11, 2010

the last of taipei

Due to a request, I refrained from posting photos of food yesterday because it was “making [people] hungry”, so I didn’t post yesterday! (Actually, I was going to do it at 11:59 last night so I can turn right around and start posting food, but I was too busy watching Top Gear.) Today, however, you fill be flooded with photos of food.

Arnold and I decided to have some desserts (actually, I decided…) so we chose a piece of cake from 3 different bakeries to compare and see which has the best cake.

Anyway, Kobe Atelier’s strawberry shortcake seemed to be the one for us, it was also the most expensive. I think it was NT$80. The third one was so not to our taste that we decided not to take a photo of it (yea, we just forgot).

For dinner, I met up with a friend who now lives in Taipei. She brought us to have good beef noodles! I enjoyed it thoroughly. We also went to a café nearby for cake (together, Arnold and I had 5 slices of cake that day). The cakes were all so cute, not to mention they were also delicious. They weren’t that expensive either, averaging about NT$60 for a piece (about $2 CAD). Why can’t Vancouver have this type of a cake store (or more if there is already)?

Yes, I quite like cake and desserts, in case you have forgotten. ^^;;

I also wanted to talk about fandom stuff (yes, totally irrelevant). There’s so muck K-Pop and J-Pop everywhere! There’s a lot of CNBLUE, SHINee, NEWS, ARASHI, KAT-TUN, etc. Large Super Junior posters at 2/5 of all CD/Record stores, and some were so large they span the whole wall (You can insert fangirly flailing here if you could see that happening).

It’s so weird for me to know so many of the songs they play on the streets / in the stores. At the record store I was shopping at yesterday played lots of SUJU. The records store across the street from my hotel was playing CNBLUE’s Bluetory, and I definitely heard SUJU at many other places too. But you’re not actually interested in my fangirling, so that concludes my posting about Taipei.

Next stop, Fukuoka.

By fishii with 1 comment

1 comments:

[people].

So much good food! Or at least it looks good.

Finish the cake.

Post a Comment