Friday, August 27, 2010

Fukuoka Day 1

Sorry for the lack of posts recently! I was too busy sightseeing and having fun in Fukuoka, so I’ve neglected keeping everyone update. Sorry~ m(_  _)m

So as promised, I’ll post more about sightseeing so that not every post is tagged “food”. Anyway, it seems like no visit to Japan would be complete without visiting a temple. We visited a small (but seemingly very famous) temple called Kushida Shrine. I enjoyed it, because though it lay in the centre of town, it had a very peaceful 
atmosphere. I was tempted to stay for a longer time, it was that attractive, and it made me feel really calm (despite the almost unbearable heat).

I’ll maybe upload more photos when I set up a Picasa account or something, since my flickr is over limit…

Then we headed over to a shopping mall called Canal City, named because it has a small flow of water going through the centre of the mall. I love shopping and all, but this mall might be more of a tourist attraction than a shopping centre to me. That or I didn’t want to shop on my first day in Japan. ^^;; Guilt trip anyone? Anyway, there were cool performances happening, I really enjoyed my time there.

I think I’ve already mentioned dinner for that night. I’m just a little tired from the flight to Amsterdam, I’ll continue catching up another day. Maastricht is a nice place, so hopefully I’ll get to post about it soon. I also apologize for the hideous layouts. XD

By fishii with 1 comment

1 comments:

Waaaa, canal city looks pretty! I wonder how venice looks in comparison..

Post a Comment