Friday, August 13, 2010

The Fukuoka Menu

Due to a delay in our flight (with bad weather conditions in both HK where the flight departs and Fukuoka where the flight lands), we didn’t get to our hotel until 10:30PM. Made me super tired and susceptible to Arnold’s cold. I’m now coughing.

It seems that I have neglected posting about the delicious shaved ice I had at XiMen before I left for the airport, so I must include a photo in this post. It’s as attractive visually as it is… taste…wise? Wow, my English…

The menus on the table are almost unbelievable.
Anyway, we started yesterday with a quick lunch at Hakata Station. Nothing like Soba to beat the heat (it’s supposed to help lower body temperature, according to my host family mother).
my brother’s lunch, an original at the restaurant
my inaka soba
For our afternoon snack (we always have those), we visited a super market and grabbed some croquette and milk tea. We also decided to “gaijin smash” it, and ate on the side of a shopping street. It’s not really appropriate if you’re Japanese… But it was fun watching people glance at us from time to time. LOL

In Fukuoka, there are food stalls that set up alongside a river that runs through city centre for dinner. They offer a wide variety of foods and tons of people visit these stalls. However, given the heat that I’m not used to, I decided for the two of us that we were going to hit up a restaurant for some famous Hakata ramen…

Which, by the way, turned out to be delicious. Sometimes I find ramen to be too salty, actually, a lot of times, I find ramen to be too salty, but the place I went to (which unfortunately, I cannot remember the name of…) was great! It was flavourful without being overbearing, and all in all very good for only ¥500 – ¥800 for each menu item.
Sightseeing will go in another post so I don’t have the food tag on every bloody post I make. I also apologize for the poor quality of the photos. Too lazy to take out the dSLR all the time...

By fishii with 1 comment

1 comments:

those ramen looks so good. i'm actually very very jealous. yes, i do prefer fukuoka over tokyo.

-penny

Post a Comment